Thursday, June 11, 2009

bukit antarabanga landslide tragedy- from my p.o.v.

it was around 4 in the morning, on the 6th of december 2008 when THE disaster struck 14 bungalows at bukit mewah and took the lives of 4 of the residents there . i do live in bukit antarabangsa & thankfully i live at a safe distance from the venue of incident .
before the incident happened that very morning , i was unusually on9 until 3 a.m. coz i'd usually go off9 much MUCH earlier . not long after shutting down my computer , i went to sleep . fast asleep .


all of a sudden , i was awaken by a commotion & also by the heat around me . my room was so dark , same goes to the area outside my condominium . i thought it was just a normal electricity blackout but i heard my mum saying something like 'landslide .. big rocks .. soil ..' my heart began puumping faster . my fatigue just went away into the darkness . i questioned myself , 'what happened ? where ? how ? when ?' all the 'wh' questions spun round and round in my head .

not long after that , i heard helicopters swarming around an area near my condominium with spotlights on . yes indeed , there was something really wrong . we didn't know what had happened until we met one of our neighbours to ask . he said it was a landslide . so it was true . wow . but where ?

at around 10 a.m. , my mum , my sisters and i walked down to the area of landslide . there were hundreds of eager-to-know residents crowding the place with a group of police patrols taking control of the area . i even took some videos of the scene while we were there . my phone was also off the hook . my friends , even the ones i never ever contacted with , smsed me & called me , asking about my condition and all . thank you to those who were concerned about this matter :)

everything did go on nicely after the incident as the authorities did their job well . they worked very hard to help the residents who were trapped in bukit antarabangsa , including my family & i . we were given food supply & the latest updates regarding the road which was blocked by the landslide . that was truly the most memorable incident in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment